React and React Native – What’s the difference? Marketing March 8, 2021
We can make single-page or hybrid mobile applications using React.js. It has a virtual DOM (Document Object Model), which enhances its performance speed. It will help us to make applications for Android as well as for IOS. Its framework has proper tooling, which makes it more efficient.
PROS OF REACT.JS
1. Easy to learn:
2. Job & Hiring:
React has a very big community, as Facebook maintains it. That’s why many people show their interest in learning React. This is a benefit for companies as they can find a skilled and experienced React developer without any hassle.
3. Virtual DOM (Virtual DOCUMENT OBJECT MODEL): Virtual DOM enhances its performance speed a lot. Virtual DOM enables the view layer in web browsers efficient.
4. Reusable Components: We can reuse code components in React. It saves a lot of time and effort. It has a set of many pre-existing components and also gives us a facility for reusable components.
5. Helpful toolset: React has handy tools for developers. This toolset makes the task easier and more understandable for them.
React Native is a platform that allows us to build native mobile apps and cross-platform apps. It was created by Facebook and the community and launched in 2015. React is the base abstraction of React Native. Facebook created React Native for its internal use. It focuses on mobile apps rather than browsers.
PROS OF REACT NATIVE
1. Hot Reloading – This is the most attractive feature of React native. If you make any change in your code and it is visible automatically during development. All the changes can be tracked. This will save developers time and effort in making the app.
3. High Performance – It also supports code reusability. Its regular updates make it a better place to work. With the use of native tools and controls, we can make its performance better and more efficient.
5. Saves money and time – As it is compatible with both Android and IOS. So, developers have to install only one app, which will save them money. Also, with the help of its great tooling task, developers can execute tasks rapidly.
REACT VS REACT NATIVE
3. Developer tools – React supports many tools in-built. These tools save a lot of time and effort for developers. It uses third-party CLI tools and has excellent support for major IDEs. React Native supports many innovative tools. As hot reloading, handle logs, Live Reload, etc. We can even use Redux Dev tools and Chrome Dev tools in React native.
5. Compatibility – React is a single piece of code that is not compatible with many platforms. React Native is compatible with many platforms, which are Android, IOS, or windows.
6. Navigation – React uses a router for navigating web pages. React native has an in-built navigator for navigating mobile applications.