Vue.js or vue is a web framework that is used to develop single-page applications and user interfaces. It was developed by Evan You and launched in February 2014. It uses HTML based template syntax but it also allows us to use JSX script. Also, vue is not backed by any popular company and is mostly community driven. It is used not only for web interfaces. But also for desktop and mobile app development with electron framework, vue-native and capacitor framework.
2. Documentation - Its documentation is very precise and clear. This will help a newbie to learn vue interestingly. It is well-structured and concise covering all the possible topics within
3. Performance - Its script is very lightweight which makes its performance faster
4. Open-source - It is an open-source framework that can be available to all developers. There will be no licensing issue to any company
5. Computed properties - It is one of the most important features of Vue.js. It helps to listen to changes made to data elements and reactively compute properties
6. Template - In Vue.js, we use HTML based templates that bind the DOM with Vue.js instance data. Developers can use components with render functions also
7. Tooling and Libraries - Vue.js has various new and innovative tools. Such as CLI, development tools, Vue Loader, Vue Router and Vuex. These tools will help the developer to work smoothly and efficiently
By using Vue.js, we can develop mobile apps with the help of Vue native and capacitor framework. We can either use Vue native or Use Vue.js integrated with a capacitor. Capacitor is a framework that embeds a WebView component and renders html and css within it in a mobile app. Capacitor is considered a descendant of the Cordova framework. Vue-Native on the other hand compiles vue components into native mobile code on each platform. Both of them are useful for developers that depend on their preferences and needs. Let’s take a look at both of them to make the best choice.
Vue Native is a JS framework written by GeekyAnts that will help to build a mobile app using Vue.js. It enables us to create both android and IOS applications. Vue native is originally inspired by React Native and was a part of the React-Vue compilation. Developers can build apps with the help of its rich UI elements. This native framework will help in building lightweight apps. There are many APIs and components are available in Vue native as a helping hand for developers. It provides some basic components and tools such as Vuex. That helps developers boost their process. To learn Vue native, we can also follow React native’s documentation and libraries.
1. Data binding - It supports two-way binding. This two-way binding instantly propagates any data changes to the output. Also. eliminates the need to write extra logic. It saves developers time while coding because the change executes automatically. No waiting needs for UI element rendering
2. Declarative rendering - When the developers write code, they can focus only on the outcome. All the implementation details will be hidden. Since vue is a reactive framework this also means re-rendering only occurs when data changes
3. Command-Line interface - It reduces the time of initial project setup. It also includes a project generator. It will help a new developer to begin with a new project and generate scaffolding. It allows us to create any project without any issue
4. Reusable UI components - This will also help to save the developer’s time. As we can use the same code without writing them repetitively. It saves time to build new designs and templates. We can use the same code on any platform (iOS, Android, or web)
5. Compiles to React Native - Developers can use React native for advanced features. It will become easier for beginners to develop mobile apps
6. Vue Native Router - A plugin exists that is Vue native router which is like a React router. It helps in the navigation of mobile applications
2. Vue Native is flexible and scalable too. Developers can customize it as per their needs and interests. It also provides various tools like Vue CLI, Vuex, Vue Test Utils, etc. for smooth functioning
3. It has well-defined and clear documentation. It helps the developers to develop an app in a short period
4. It is compiled with React native which is helpful for the development of any mobile app faster
5. It has a reactive system that updates any change to the UI based on data changes. The developer needs not to update the whole view every time he makes any changes
6. It is open-source under MIT license, which will prevent companies from copyright issues
1. It may not be suitable for gaming or heavy-animation apps
2. Some information regarding features is missing in Vue- Native documentation. To get all the information you may have to look in React native
3. The approach is not completely single-code multi-platform
4. The navigation of Vue Native is not as smooth as Reacts’. There is a need for improvement in its navigation function
5. Sometimes we need to use the libraries of React native to complete the Vue native project
Capacitor is used to build mobile hybrid apps as well as browser based apps that can run on desktop platforms also. We can use modern web technologies in this approach. We can make an app that can work on Android, Ios, Desktop using electron and in a browser as a progressive web app. Capacitor also provides APIs to the developers. Ionic maintains it. Capacitor apps are also referred to as Native Progressive Web Apps. We can also use any front-end framework and UI libraries with capacitor apps. Many companies like Sencrop, CyanCor, Iconic, etc are currently using capacitor apps. Capacitor apps also give us access to full native SDK on each platform.
1. It is also an open-source framework and licensed under MIT license. So, companies don’t have to face any copyright or licensing issues
2. We can build apps with one code base and target many platforms. We can use CLI also to create projects
3. It also provides some special features to developers like code deploys, automated builds
4. Capacitor apps also use plugins. It is easy to download and install plugins in the projects
5. When we build an app with a capacitor by using standard web APIs. Our application will also become cross-browser
6. Capacitor apps have fixed numbers of platforms. But these platforms can change or adapt to new capacitor apps
7. We can combine a capacitor with a Vue and can use the library Vuetify for other components of the project
1. It is enterprise enabled as it is an open-source framework. Also, it provides the facility to make critical apps too
2. Capacitor apps are becoming popular nowadays. That helps companies to find a full team of engineers, developers without any issue
3. If we are using any other framework, it is easy to migrate to capacitor apps without any hassle
4. Capacitor apps are well maintained with all the information and infrastructure. Also, we can fix any security and privacy issue on capacitor apps
Can I build a mobile app with VueJS?
Build your mobile app with Vue Js. Here you will get to know about the latest features of vue js to build mobile apps with vue native and capacitor.
Is the MERN stack right for me?
Get to know about the MERN stack, its importance, what it consists of and why you should consider it? How the MERN stack can help build scalable apps while retaining developer productivity.
React vs Vue: What do I choose for my new startup?